Hey everyone 🙂
How are you all doing? I’m looking forward to a chilled weekend, so today I’m going to do a quiz instead of a work based post.
1. What is your favourite book?
It’s so hard to choose just one! It’s between The Stand, Life of Pi or Scar Tissue.
2. What are your goals? For the year? For your life?
This year (workwise) I’m hoping to really get into blogging, and to improve my skills as a writer. Outside of work, I’m (hopefully!) going to learn how to cook, as I am awful at cooking – I can barely boil an egg. If anyone has any simple recipe ideas, let me know!
I’m also going to be moving in a few months! I’m looking forward to decorating my new home.
3. Are you a writer? If so, tell me about your work.
I am! I currently a content writer for Lifehack and Cowbang. I mainly write lifestyle and entertainment articles, but as I’ve just started attempting to cook, I’ve done a few articles with simple recipes I’ve tried.
4. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
I haven’t travelled much in my life, beyond family holidays at resorts in Spain, but I would love to experience the different cultures that are out there. I’d particularly like to visit India and Thailand.
5. What was the last movie you saw in the theatre and was it worthwhile?
I enjoy films but I hate the cinema! I find the seats so uncomfortable, and everything is so overpriced. For that reason, I can’t actually remember the last time I went to the cinema… But the last film I watched was the Interview with James Franco and Seth Rogen. I normally think James Franco and Seth Rogan’s films are pretty funny and enjoyable, but I wouldn’t re-watch the Interview.
6. I’m curious, are there any books that you’ve tried to read and simply couldn’t finish? This is a no judgement zone.
I always finish books, but sometimes it can be a bit of a struggle!
7. Are you currently working on a new book/project right now? If it’s secret, you don’t have to tell me about it. If so, however, I hope it’s going well.
Well thank you very much. I may have a few projects, but writing a book is still on the To-Do list.
8. If you could live in any of your favourite books, which one would you choose?
I was going to say Game of Thrones, but then I remembered that winter is coming, so Harry Potter. 😉
9. Are there any book-to-movie adaptations that you think are just incredible? That you absolutely hated?
We Need To Talk About Kevin is a great book, and the film portrayal was fantastic too.
10. What do you look for in a book that you want to read? What’s the first thing to capture your attention?
There isn’t really a criterion for me when it comes to books; I love autobiographies, fiction, medieval literature… the list goes on. Anything I can sink my teeth into!
11. If you’re an author, what do you do when you first get an idea for a book?
I hope to have an answer to this question in 10 years. 😉
12. How do you feel about different genres? Romance? YA? Sci-Fi? Poetry? Do you have any favorites? Any least-favourites?
I love all genres (including romance!), but I’ve personally found romance to be the most predictable genre.
13. If you could meet any writer in the world, dead or alive, who would it be?
14. Do you prefer Fiction or Non-Fiction?
This question is hard! I think I prefer fiction for books like Harry Potter; I love falling into a fictional world that almost feels real around you.
15. Are there any characters that everyone loves that you can’t stand? Or vice versa?
Nothing that comes to mind.
16. What do you like to do besides reading/writing?
I rediscovered running about half a year ago and now that is a big part of my life again. I’m also learning to cook but I don’t always like it. 😉
17. If you could be remembered for one thing, what would it be?
How totally awesome and cool I was. Cough…
18. What is your favourite guilty pleasure book?
I’m always buying old, cheap romance books from charity shops. Because they are quite short, they are always the cheapest books to buy, and they don’t take long to read. I’ve never been blown away by one, or re-read any of them, but I wouldn’t like to admit how many romance books I’ve read. I have a love/hate relationship with romantic books!
19. Do you have a reading goal set for this year?
No, but I do have a mental list of books I plan on reading during my life.
20. Tell me anything about yourself that I haven’t asked. Random fact. Weird human trick. Whatever.
I’m blind in one eye, but it doesn’t really affect my day-to-day life. In fact, because my eye looks ‘normal’, my parents, housemates and friends all routinely forget!
I hope you all have a great weekend!