Do you struggle to be productive when you work from home? As I mentioned last week, there can be many distractions when you work from home. Today I thought I would share 7 handy tips I use to make sure I stay productive when I work from home.
From investing in a good chair to eating properly, check out 7 handy tips for staying productive when you work from home.
1. Get dressed instead of staying in your pajamas all day. Getting dressed and having a shower will help you to mentally get yourself in the working zone before you start.
2. Invest in a good chair. You will be sat in the same chair for about 40 hours a week for the foreseeable future, so it is important to get one that provides back support and is adjustable.
3. Keep your work space tidy so you don’t get distracted by mess on your desk. Mess also makes it harder for you to find things you need, so it can slow you down once you’ve got started.
4. Close the door so you don’t have to listen to your family or housemates. It may feel antisocial, but listening to others talk and socialize is likely to make you want to stop working.
5. Don’t reply to texts or messages from your friends while you work. You may feel that it only takes a few seconds to reply once, but people rarely only reply once, and a conversation could ruin your productivity.
6. Make sure you eat lunch and breakfast every day. You may not feel hungry to start with, but eventually your focus will wane and you will struggle to stay on track for the rest of the day.
7. Keep working even when it is difficult. Even if you don’t feel productive and you don’t want to keep going, try to work for at least one more hour. Knowing you can finish within the hour may give you the added motivation to get through the difficult work.