If you have a big chunk of free time, it is best to spend it with your friends or family, relaxing and enjoying yourself. However, if you only have a couple of minutes or quarter of an hour, it is often more useful to do a little productive task to make your life easier.
Here are 10 productive ways to fill a spare five minutes!
- Use the time to clear out your inbox and respond to any important emails.
- Do you have a friend or a co-worker that you need to speak to? Use this as a chance to pick up the phone and get the job done. You can do this wherever you are (if you have your phone!)
- If your desk is covered in junk and paper, spend a few minutes throwing away the rubbish and filing the important things. It will make the rest of your working day much more pleasant, and it will be easier for you to stay focused.
- Lots of people fall behind on their finances, but you can spend your free time paying a bill or making a note of a transaction. You’ll thank yourself later for this one!
- Back up your favorite photographs of you with your friends and family. It’s always good to have a back-up copy, and you can email a copy to the other people in the photograph.
- Network with your co-workers by contacting them with a question, or a follow-up email. This can really benefit your working relationships!
- Exercise. Do some jumping jacks, sit ups or push ups for a few minutes to get your heart racing.
- Stretch. Sitting at a desk all day can be really bad for your back, so do a few quick stretches while breathing slowly. This will relax your muscles and your mind.
- Become an expert. Do you love learning about steam trains, or are you fascinated by World War II? Learn everything you possibly can about your passion so that you’re an expert on the topic!
- Start a to-read collection. Bookmark webpages that you want to read later, or buy a magazine or a book that you can read later.
What do you think of these suggestions? Do you have any of your own? Please let me know with a comment! 🙂