Many people say that if they won the lottery, they would take all of their loved ones abroad. People love to treat the people they care about, and nothing is better than a big holiday together!
But what if you haven’t won the lottery? Most people can’t afford to spend lots of money on their friends, but they still want to show them that they are loved and appreciated.
Here are 12 more easy ways to show love without spending money.
1. Invite them out with your other friends. Everyone loves to feel included!
2. Send them a funny video on YouTube that you know will make them crack up.
3. Compliment something many people don’t acknowledge, like their impressive work ethic or ability to always be fair and reasonable.
4. Send them a picture of you two together so you can reminisce on the awesome memories.
5. Notice and congratulate them whenever they work hard for something.
6. Be there for them when they are upset or angry. Listen to them talk, and offer advice when they are ready.
7. Make them a home-made card and write a meaningful note inside. It doesn’t matter if it doesn’t look amazing – it is the thought that counts, and it is likely that your friend will treasure it forever.
8. Ask them how they are every time you see them. Always take the time to listen to their answer, and look out for any signs that they may be having a tough day.
9. Ask how their big day went. Everyone has presentations, projects and deadlines, and some days are tougher than others. It always feels great to know that someone is silently supporting you when you having an eventful/hard day.
10. Bring their favorite snack whenever you meet up with them as a surprise.
11. Remember the little things that they tell you.
12. Tell them “I love you.”