Courage is one of the best virtues a person can have. Courage – or bravery – is not the absence of fear; courageous people feel fear too. It is the ability to conquer the fear so that you can achieve great things.
It isn’t about bungee-jumping or travelling to another country by yourself; courage is the decision to live with honesty and integrity. If you want to be more courageous, here are 12 small things you can do.
1. Don’t wait for others to do things, so you can start too – be the first to start.
2. Stand up for a stranger when you know they are being unfairly treated.
3. Offer your help to anyone who appears to need it.
4. Be honest with yourself about the things you like and dislike.
5. Reach out to someone who you know you hurt. Apologise for causing them pain.
6. Tell your loved ones about the goals you want to achieve in your lifetime.
7. Take a class you have never taken before.
8. Choose to spend time with an acquaintance (not a friend!)
9. Don’t fill every silence with words – unless you actually have something to say.
10. Start a conversation with someone who looks interesting.
11. Show off the things you are proud of – your writing, your hair, your achievements.
12. Don’t be afraid of your feelings. Laugh when you are happy, cry when you are sad and express your anger when you feel angry.
What do you think of this list? Do you have any other suggestions? Please let me know with a comment!