Do you think that you talk or listen more? Most people tend to talk more than they listen, and often when they listen they don’t fully focus on what the other person is saying.
However, there are lots of benefits to listening more.
1. You won’t say anything silly, or that you may regret later. Once you have shared some information with someone, you can never take it back.
2. The person who you are listening to will feel understood, helping you to build strong relationships. It feels great when you are talking to someone and it feels like they really value what you are saying.
3. You may learn something interesting. You never know what you are going to be told –it could be an interesting fact or story, or it could make you laugh for hours.
4. You may learn something that could benefit you. You could learn something that could help you at work, or something that could make your life easier.
5. People will listen when you do speak.