Do you think you are a productive person? Most people have good days and bad days, but some people seem to have the ability to be productive every day. A big part of this is dropping bad habits and mind sets; check out 5 things productive people don’t do here.
1. They don’t leave the biggest jobs for last. Doing the difficult work first means you will feel happy and confident about your abilities to do the easier work, meaning you’re more likely to do your work quicker – and with less stress.
2. They don’t underestimate themselves. Many people believe they can’t achieve because of constraints; they don’t have enough time, enough money or the right skills. If you believe there is a chance you can achieve what you want, focus on the reasons why; maybe if you find the time and put the hours in, you could achieve exactly what you want.
3. They always have a plan. Don’t run before you can walk; it is always important to have a rough plan of what you want to do so you can plan for surprise mistakes – or what to do if you do even better than you expected.
4. They don’t do everything themselves. Productive people don’t want to do everything themselves if it slows them down; they would rather outsource the easiest work so they can focus on the tough stuff and their own personal growth.
5. They don’t start without a deadline. It is important to know what you are taking on with every project, so you know exactly how you will be spending your time while you’re working. This helps you to maximise productivity – and ideally, overall work success!
What did you guys think of this list? I’ve had a really productive week this week, and I am always amazed at how much more work I can do when I’m feeling super-productive day than on an average day! Do you know any other productivity tips? As I work from home, I always like to hear new tips on how to stay productive!