If you’re reading this the likelihood is you already run a blog. Many people today have their own blogs, as there are many different benefits. Whether you’re a student, a business or a singer, a blog can benefit you in many different ways. For instance, it can;
– Help you to reach a wide audience
– Connect you to others with similar interests
– Keep your audience updated with business/personal developments
– Share your knowledge with others
– Make you money!
All of these things can benefit you personally, and there are various ways to help your blog be as successful as it possibly could be. Here are three ways to help your blog become successful;
– Write short posts. Most people who read content online are used to jumping from snippet to snippet, so they expect posts to be written in easy, digestible chunks. Posts between 300 or 600 words are great, and if you’re writing an in depth piece 1,000 words is ideal.
– Use bullet points. They will break your post up, making the important information immediately available.
– Keep the tone conversational. Blogs are often more personal than websites or newspapers, and being colloquial will help you to create an individual voice.
Watching your blog grow can motivate you to keep posting great content, but often people let their blogs ‘die’ without really understanding why. Here are three tips to help you to guarantee your blog stays successful;
– Schedule posts in advance. This will help your blog to keep running, even on the days when you are too busy to log on. If you start by posting every day, and later swap to once a week, you may notice a drop in followers.
– Come up with ideas for 30 blog posts. This will encourage you to write the posts later as you don’t have to come up with an idea; you already have one!
– Link to similar blogs. Sharing links helps your posts to become more popular, and they may return the favor, opening your blog up to a whole new audience of possible followers.
– Stay active. Don’t just share your own posts – interact with fellow bloggers to stay successful. Being an active blogger helps you to feel like a valued member of a community, which will help to motivate you to keep posting.
Of course there are many other important factors to consider; if your content is poor you will still struggle! Do you have any blogging tips of your own? As a new-ish blogger I am always grateful for tips and advice from my fellow bloggers 🙂